Saturday, September 22, 2012

flotsamcover.jpg

Flotsam by David Weisner is a wordless story with pictures that stir the imagination. Weisner has a way with his images that transport you to a younger self, full of inquiry and youthful exuberance. I found myself reminiscing about my childhood at the beach with my family and the things I found along the way. Through his pictures I smiled thinking of how a lost camera at see might capture the secret world that lies beneath the waves and the wonders we have yet to discover.

My five year old began the "What if's" after we finished looking through the book and it continued the next morning at breakfast. Weisner is able to capture the spirit of curiosity itself and articulate it carefully through the details in every picture. Every time I open up the book I find something new to think about and explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment