Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Up to my eyeballs

Well another semester has begun and I am slowly collecting my list of books to share for a class called Literature and the Learner. I am so excited about this class as I have spent the past 18 months taking classes in Educational Leadership. This is not to say that School Finance was not stimulating by any measure but reading children's literature is wonderful. It's like coming home from a long day and putting on my favorite pajamas and curling up by a roaring fire on a rainy, cold day.

In picking out books to read I decided to take a Jackson Pollock approach I chose a book called Princess Academy by Shannon Hale. This is not a book that I would normally gravitate towards but I am consciously stepping outside my comfort zone. Wonderful! By the second chapter I was hooked and rooting for Miri to find her place in the world in which she exists. It is a wonderful story woven full of imagery, believable characters and an exciting twist in the end. I would recommend this book for girls ages 10 and up.


No comments:

Post a Comment