Sunday, October 21, 2012

Balancing Act

I am feeling as though the balls I have been successfully juggling for the past few weeks are beginning to fall. Dr. Slick very kindly suggested that we were sliding through her class and we needed to dig deeper, do more and be specific. I totally agree, I am loving this class and although I am an avid reader I have been forced to read at a rate that is not particularly comfortable for me. I want to put more into my blog, project, annotated bibliography as well as the other balls in the air. I certainly don't want to sound as though I am feeling sorry for myself because I know that I am the only one to blame for my current situation of over commitment etc. but I will say out loud "Prioritize, organize and get it together!!" I will post at least three time this week, update my bibliography and finish another book. With that being said why is it that I feel guilty when I spend too much time studying or guilty when I am with my family that I should be studying. Is this a woman thing? I don't want to waste the time I have with my kids and husband worrying about work and school and I certainly want to be as productive as possible when studying and I don't want to feel guilty for taking time to do something that I love. Balance, hmmmm, so many talk about find the right balance in life. Diet and exercise, work and family, saving money and enjoying the moment. In time's of high stress and low tolerance I need to vent and here it is. I will post an invigorating review of more books and ideas of how to use them in the class but right now I am finding the balance by curling up with my pups and reading a book. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment