Friday, June 12, 2015

The Lake Season


A small departure from the Road to Character by David Brooks... As a teacher I try to always immerse myself in varied types of literature and when my best friend Hannah's book the Lake Season was released I was compelled to read it, clearly neglecting my other responsibilities!! t I wrote the following review for Amazon.

By 
This review is from: The Lake Season: A Novel (Paperback)
A summer classic! Hannah McKinnon has not only captured the delicate dynamics between two sisters living very different lives but that of the summer lake season in New England. Her colorful descriptions and careful character development transported me to New Hampshire with each page, secretly enjoying the sibling rivalry and inner family dynamics that remind me of my own crazy family. McKinnon opens a door into the world of sisters and mothers where we find nooks and crannies filled with jealousy, resentment and of course, love. I loved it and already sent a copy to my sister.


No comments:

Post a Comment